2.06.2009

Give a girl a break

I know this has been posted on a couple of other blogs, but I just feel like I need to defend Jessica Simpson. Over the past week photos of her in those famous high waisted jeans have been everywhere. Even Fox News mentioned this story, give me a break. Come on people don't we have other things to be worried about than if a woman has gained a little weight? I bet she still looks great in person. We have all had times in our lives when we have added on a few pounds and I just can't imagine having every magazine discussing it. I admit I love to read the trash magazines as much as the next person, but when is enough enough. She told fans she was having a tough week.http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20257460,00.html




Plus I know all us ladies have worn a outfit and thought I'm looking hot tonight and then we see a picture and think what was I wearing/thinking. Now I do give credit where credit is due this is not a good look on her, but we have all made the same mistakes or at least I have.
Let's support our fellow females instead of cutting them down.

So I thought I would post some great photos of Jessica. She has my dream hair that is for sure!



Photos courtesy of People.com

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm not a Jessica fan but I feel bad for her too. She performed a concert here yesterday and had a tough time (although the audience was supportive). I was glad that the local radio station gave her a break and posted a picture from the concert and she really isn't that big.

Janetta Gray said...

It breaks my heart that the media is so critical of celebs whenever they gain a few pounds. My 6-year-old niece says that she's fat all the time because she sees magazines say that stars (who, let's just be honest: are probably a size 4 or 6 on their most bloated of days) are fat. What kind of message is this sending? No wonder so many people have eating disorders! Great post!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

The outfit was bad. I'll admit that. But she's GORGEOUS....and if that is fat, I'm a whale.

Newlywed Next Door said...

Poor girl -- that outfit was horrible... people should be hating on her STYLIST and not her. :-)

About Me

My photo
I'm married with a newborn living in the suburbs and finally feeling like I fit in.

Followers

Stylish Suburban Supports

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP