2.08.2009

Carrie Bradshaw Replaced?

Photo courtesy of dresslikestarz

Page Six has asked the question:
Is Whitney Port the New Carrie Bradshaw?
I think NOT.....

Whitney Port has left The Hills of L.A. for The City-her very own NYC reality show. But in her search for love, success and fame, can this bubbly blonde TV star be the next Carrie Bradshaw?


My answer is No Way these are big Manolo's to fill. How can anyone replace Carrie Bradshaw? The girl we all grew to love and couldn't wait to see what she would wear on the next episode. She gave us our love of Manolo Blahniks, Cosmos, the freedom to discuss guys & sex more openly with our girlfriends. To be fair I don't even know who Whitney Port is so I did a little investigating. Yes, I admit it I have never seen a episode of the Hills or Laguna Beach.


So who is Whitney: Recently graduated from from the University of Southern California with a degree in gender studies (I'm not sure what gender studies means).
Always loving fashion (a girl after my own heart) and wanting to work in the fashion industry
(I miss these days too) she interned at woman's wear daily. Teen Vogue needed interns she fit the bill and started there. Everything just fell into place for her after that. MTV calling wanting her to be on The Hills. Now she has started a new life living in NYC and working at DVF. Also she has her own fashion line Whitney Eve . Wow!! So obviously I've been living under a suburban rock, not really. Are these new documentary/reality (not being serious) shows for the younger 20 somethings?

Do you think Carrie can be replaced? I still think No and to prove my point who could wear these outfits or start fashion trends and look so good.
photos courtsey of HBO
Layering as many pearls as your neck can handle

The Carrie necklace

The big flowers


Photo courtesy of ShinyStyle

As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gall will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going.~ Carrie Bradshaw (goes along with my motto for 2009)

5 comments:

design a la mod said...

No way. There is only ONE Carrie Bradshaw!!

Melissa said...

Whitney has great style, but there is only ONE Carrie!!

Abbie said...

I completely agree with you...there will only ever be one Carrie!

Carrie said...

1 - there is only ONE Carrie and 2 and most importantly NO one from the Hills could ever replace her.

Sweet Simplicity said...

Completely agree! Those are some big shoes to fill!

About Me

My photo
I'm married with a newborn living in the suburbs and finally feeling like I fit in.

Followers

Stylish Suburban Supports

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP